compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skill level employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Shore Engineer to fill a position at our Marine Maintenance Facility in Prince Rupert.
SHORT JOB DESCRIPTION
• Scheduling and executing of preventive maintenance on our fleet of tugs
• Trouble shooting for all equipment
• Maintaining existing vessel systems
• Administration of work completed
• Assist in vessel engine overhauls
• Installing new equipment
• Possesses 4th Class Marine Engineer or higher (preference given to candidates with 2nd Class)
• Proven marine engineering experience
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Valid driver's license with access to vehicle
• Good trouble shooting skills
• Competent computer skills
• Welding and electrical experience an asset
• Design and fabrication skills an asset
• Must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A competitive salary, RRSP and benefit package
• Health and wellness benefits and a safe working environment
Start date: To be determined
REPLY IN CONFIDENCE TO: SAAM Towage Canada Inc.
2285 Commissioner Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 1A8
Deadline: Open until filled
Phone calls will not be accepted. Canadian Residents only
Company profile: SAAM Towage Canada has operated along the Pacific coast for almost 80 years. The company has earned an excellent reputation by combining expertise and experience with high-quality materials and equipment in the British Columbia ports where it is active. SAAM Towage maintains the highest standards in respect of Safety, Health, the protection of the Environment and Quality and to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement the company maintains ISO, OHSAS and ISM certification. SAAM Towage is committed to Employment Equity.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers