compensation: $105,000 to $115,000 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SHORT JOB DESCRIPTION
Full-time permanent Marine Engineer position, working ashore, alongside and at sea to support operations
Assist in planning and conduct of vessel refits / overhauls
Schedule and perform preventive maintenance on marine equipment
Perform corrective and planned maintenance both at sea and alongside
Perform a variety of mechanical and engineering activities
• Completion of post-secondary education, including possession of a
Transport Canada 2nd Class Engineer Certificate
• PC proficient, particularly with Microsoft applications
• Proficient in English language, speaking & writing
• Willingness to work flexible hours and locations
• Valid driver’s license with access to vehicle
• Good trouble shooting skills
• Must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Welding and electrical experience an asset
• Design and fabrication skills an asset
• Experience on tugboats and specifically ASD tugs an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A salary range of $105,000 to $115,000 per year
• Competitive Benefit package including Medical, Extended Health Care, Dental Care, Disability Benefits and
• Health & wellness programs and a safe working environment
• Relocation allowance for the right candidate
Candidates are required to participate in a pre-employment medical, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
Successful candidates must be or become a member in good standing with the Canadian Merchant Service Guild.
Please note that only applicants who meet the above-stated requirements will have their applications considered.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes identifying your certification and marine experience in confidence to:
SAAM SMIT Canada Inc.
2285 Commissioner Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 1A8
Fax: show contact info
Phone: show contact info
, Local 290
Candidates should apply by: July 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
SAAM SMIT Towage Canada has operated along the Pacific coast for almost 80 years. The company has earned an excellent reputation by combining expertise and experience with high-quality materials and equipment in the British Columbia ports where it is active. SAAM SMIT Towage maintains the highest standards in respect of Safety, Health, the protection of the Environment and Quality and to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement the company maintains ISO, OHSAS and ISM certification. SAAM SMIT Towage is committed to Employment Equity.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers